Monday 28 November 2011

Battle for you Soul

I've spent the last month or so helping to organize the Swansea section on Superhero's tour, "Battle for your soul", this involved many different things leaflet drops, putting up posters everywhere, getting out on the streets and given away free tickets, organizing accom etc... During this time God gave me the strength and energy to keep going. I looked at the lack of help from people and wondered if anyone would turn up but the Lord kept saying continue to give out free tickets, I looked at the fear of how we can fund it all but the Lord said i'll provide keep giving out free tickets, then a few days before we had the last push of giving all yr 6 kids in local primary schools a free ticket.

Saturday came and I woke up early nervous and thinking of I hope it goes well, what if none turns up, the Lord directed me to the passages in the bible DO NOT WORRY

So I got up, got dressed and carried on with the schedule of the day, we went to Pont school to have a fare gig, this wasn't a good start to the day so I felt the tired and worried again and disappointed but went to set up at Penyrheol and carried on with the schedule for the day.  There were some guys that came to help set up and I shared with them I was tired and disappointed so they prayed with me and the Lord gave me energy again and said DO NOT WORRY its all part of my bigger plan. The evening came and we had a final meeting before the event started and we sat and prayed for people to get saved and lives to be changed at the back of my mind there was that doubt again.

As we left the meeting I looked to the entrance to my amazement was a cue of people and it hadn't even started doors had to open early and people were waiting to get in, wow God amazed me. This really taught me to put my trust in God alone and there is nothing we can do to change the way God wants things to go.

Matthew 6: 25-26
"If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment