Saturday 25 February 2012

Be a Living Hope

Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter1:3

Some friendships are what I would describe as high-maintenance. These are friends who get easily offended and get upset if you don't call them every weekend and do something with them and give them a basic, daily update of everything you are doing.

But then there are friendships that go on for years. I have friends whom I have known for more than 20 years. I won't see them for a year, and when I do see them, we actually will pick up where we last left off. It is like we were just together.

In heaven, we will be able to pick up where we last left off with our friends and loved ones. There are things we wish we could have said to them. And there are things we wish they would have said to us. But the conversation was cut off.


Have you ever been talking to someone on the phone and lost service? You were in the middle of a conversation, when suddenly it began to feel like a one-way conversation. This happened to me recently. I was talking to my friend, and we were going back and forth. I asked her something and, after a long pause, wondered,
Why isn't he answering me? He had been off the phone for awhile. We had been cut off.

In heaven, there will be reunited relationships and continued conversations. Because of the resurrection of Jesus, we will have resurrected relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment