Monday 9 January 2012

Prayer...

Today we have been learning about the importance of Integrity and spending time with God. Its so easy to pretend to be this spiritual person and look as if everything is ok in front of people but what really matters who you are behind closed doors,what is the person who God see's all the time really like?

This made me think, every night I want to spend at least an hour just chatting to God and listening to him too, there is so much I can be thankful everyday but I was use to just assuming God knew I was thankful, started my time of praying and giving thanks for all I learnt today and asking him to show me new things everyday, I have decided to commit to giving God thanks at the end of every day and starting the day with Thanks too, just something simple as thanking him for his love, and asking him to reveal things to me on a daily basis.


I wanted to share a quote that really challenged me about the benefits prayer brings :)

Where was it that Jesus sweat great drops of blood? Not in Pilate's Hall, nor on his way to Golgotha. It was in the Garden of Gethsemane. There He 'offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could cave him from death' (Hebrews 5:7). Had I been there and witnessed that struggle, I would have worried about the future. 'If he is so broken up when all he is doing is praying,' I might have said, 'what will he do when he faces a real crisis? Why can't he approach this ordeal with the calm confidence of his three sleeping friends? Yet, when the test came, Jesus walked to the cross with courage, and his three friends fell apart and fell away.


Haddon Robinson quoted in 'Prayer' by Philip Yancey


Don't fall apart or fall away, be strong and courageous in Jesus :) courageous in serving God and believing he is in complete control if we allow him to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment