Wednesday 18 November 2015

I have just completed my final week of training, was great to finally meet some of the young people who will be coming to South Africa with me but not all of them will be in my team. Teams will be selected when we get into Durban after a week of Pre placement training.

Along with the 18 volunteers from the UK there will also be 18 volunteers from South Africa, then all 36 will be split into 6 teams, There are 3 Team leader from the UK which also get matched up with 3 Team leaders from South Africa.

I received my ID card which has now made it official I will leave for Africa 9th of February and return on the 24th August.


My overall job will be to co-ordinate and organise the teams to help in the best way needed.

This is going to be an incredible chance for me to give to South Africa again.I'm excited to have the opportunity to go back again and make a difference to people's lives.I believe it will be a life changing experience and I will have a chance to gain wisdom and experience in specific areas and will continue my relationship working with Tearfund

I'm so excited to input into the lives of the young people I'll be working with because I believe that every single one can make a difference and I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to help bring this gift in them all. I want to help the young people I'll be working with to not only transform the communities we are working in, but to also have the passion to go back home and transform their own communities, sending them home with the skills to make a difference in their own home towns.

For more information check out:

http://www.tearfund.org/en/about_you/go_overseas/current_trips/ics_south_africa?

Here are all the UK volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment